Two key pieces of CD Legislation are in Committee this week. WE NEED YOUR HELP!
January 30, 2023
Comments from CD boards or individual supervisors will be critical to moving both bills forward!
Critical Action Alert HB 321: Generally revise laws related to the coal trust
A key Conservation District funding bill (HB 321) will be up in House Taxation on Wednesday (2/1) at 8am.
- If you would like to come to Helena to testify in person on 2/1, please let Rebecca (email@example.com) know ASAP.
- Please send an email or telephone your Representative if they are on the House Taxation Committee (See list below – click on names for contact information). Even if you do not have a member on the committee – a general letter of support for CD funding would be very impactful! This task needs to be completed by noon on Tuesday, January 31st if it is to be impactful.
The attached letter is only a guide. Your words referring to your situation are much more powerful.
- Draft Language for your district to use in a letter HERE (examples of general support and for specific committee members)
- Request to testify remotely (Zoom) or submit written testimony by 12pm on 1/31
House Taxation Committee Members
|Paul Fielder (R) HD 13||Chair|
|Mark Thane (D) HD 99||Vice Chair|
|Tom Welch (R) HD 72||Vice Chair|
|Kim Abbott (D) HD 83||Member|
|Brad Barker (R) HD 58||Member|
|Larry Brewster (R) HD 44||Member|
|Alice Buckley (D) HD 63||Member|
|Edward B Butcher (R) HD 29||Member|
|Jill Cohenour (D) HD 84||Member|
|Sherry Essmann (R) HD 52||Member|
|Dave Fern (D) HD 5||Member|
|Joshua Kassmier (R) HD 27||Member|
|Scot Kerns (R) HD 23||Member|
|Rhonda Knudsen (R) HD 34||Member|
|Marty Malone (R) HD 59||Member|
|Marilyn Marler (D) HD 90||Member|
|Russel Miner (R) HD 19||Member|
|George Nikolakakos (R) HD 26||Member|
|Melissa Romano (D) HD 81||Member|
|Tanner Smith (R) HD 11||Member|
|Sue Vinton (R) HD 56||Member|
|Megan Moore||Legislative Branch Staffer|
Critical Action Alert HB 295: Revise Nepotism Laws Related to Small Communities
A key CD bill on nepotism (coming from a Resolution passed at the 2022 Convention) will be up in House Local Government Committee on Thursday (2/2) at 3pm.
- More information from Petroleum CD and an example letter to the committee HERE
- Please draft a letter or email to send to the Local Government Committee by Wednesday, Feb 1st at 12pm.
- You can request to testify remotely (Zoom) or submit your written testimony here
- If you would like to testify in-person in Helena on 2/2, please let Rebecca (firstname.lastname@example.org) know ASAP.
Please let Rebecca (email@example.com) and Jeff (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you sent in testimony on either HB 321 or HB 295. THANK YOU!