CD presentations at upcoming legislative interim committees
May 11, 2022
The Water Policy Interim Committee (WPIC) will meet May 17th at 18th. You can find the agenda and meeting materials on the WPIC webpage. Agenda items include:
- Flathead CD’s SJ 28 – Study of Erosion on the Flathead River,
- Test Flows from Fort Peck Dam, including a presentation from the Missouri River Conservation District Council (MRCDC),
- State water rights and adjudication,
- Rule-making on Waters of the United States (WOTUS), and
- Narrative nutrient rule-making.
The Environmental Quality Council (EQC) will meet May 24th and 25th. The agenda and meeting materials will soon be available on the EQC webpage.
Work on HJ 27 – Study of Conservation District Funding continues, and the upcoming EQC Meeting will include a funding proposal by MACD Executive Director Rebecca Boslough, as well a discussion of a draft bill for CD funding and a review of estimates for coal prices and cannabis tax revenue.